New York State Car Wash Association
Walt Hartl, President
Dear Mr. Hartl:
Upon reviewing Governor Cuomo’s COVID-19 Executive Orders, both safety protocols and business designations, the Office of the Attorney General, Labor Bureau believe that members in your Car Wash Association may operate on a limited basis as set forth below.
We have also taken into consideration the Economic Development Corporation Guidelines :
see number 11 – “Essential services necessary to maintain the safety, sanitation and essential operations of residences or other businesses including
- law enforcement, including corrections and community supervision
- fire prevention and response
- emergency management and response, EMS and 911 dispatch”
- First Responders and Emergency Vehicles free of charge, unless under a subscription plan, paid remotely via phone, computer or app, or under contract
- Medical professionals, doctors, and nurses free of charge, unless under a subscription plan, paid remotely via phone, computer or app
- Post signage at all locations and web page clearly stating open only for First Responders, Emergency Vehicles, Medical Professionals, Doctors, and Nurses (Identification proving professional status must be shown to the single attendant on site)
- Limit the hours of operation to 9am-5pm, or less
- No cash, debit or credit sales on site.
- Only one employee can be on site at any given time. You must supply a mask and the employee must wear a mask at all times.
- No employees permitted to have contact with anyone in the vehicle. No ability to vacuum cars, dry cars, detail cars, apply any other cleaning product to car (i.e., Armor All®)
Please feel free to pass this along to all your Association members. Lastly, we hope your members, their employees and customers stay safe under the current health crisis and always.
New York State Office of the Attorney General
28 Liberty Street – 15th Floor
New York, NY 10005
Please note that Governor Cuomo has extended NY PAUSE to May 15, 2020.
Empire State Development Guidance on Essential Businesses NEW
Request for Designation as an Essential Businesses